Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Night Before LC

Tomorrow is the first meeting of my Leadership Charlottesville class, or LC, as the cool kids call it. Tomorrow afternoon I will meet 35 new people. Well, 34. Thanks to an introduction by Jennifer, I've met one of my classmates, Jimmy, already. The rest of the group are total strangers to me.

Since moving to Charlottesville at the end of December, 2005, I've met quite a few new people. This will be the first cohesive group, however; a class of 36 that will spend 11 months together learning about our community and making a commitment to be involved. I'm excited but I have a case of the first-day-of-school jitters, hoping that a few, like me, will be newcomers. I'm hoping that the other 34, besides Jimmy and me, won't already be friends or have known each other since Kindergarten. Jimmy moved from Miami just a month before I moved from St. Louis. We've both made Charlottesville our new home and are eager to learn about our surroundings, meet new people and grow our respective businesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home