Saturday, September 09, 2006

Putting the "Treat" back in Retreat

Yesterday was a very full day! From 8:30am until 5pm we gathered together as a class for a full day retreat at the Falls River Adventure Course. I have been on plenty of retreats in my life, and this one, I have to say, far surpassed the others. First of all, we were outdoors all day in a beautiful wooded setting in Greene County and it was a gorgeous day. We spent the day engaged in Survivor-style challenges, each with a lessons about trust, teamwork, listening, being open to ideas, respecting one another and celebrating our success.

Did I mention I had just met these people the day before?

It was the most powerful retreat experience I've ever had. Our facilitators took 36 strangers and put them in situations that helped us form relationships, challenge ourselves and others to our limits, solve problems, help each other, cheer one another on and go home tired, sweaty and excited to continue on this journey together.

Oh, and, dig me, I climbed to the top of a 35' pole!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home