Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Friendship Charlottesville

The program, as I've mentioned, is called Leadership Charlottesville. The side benefit to all we've learned and enjoyed is that friendships are being forged. As we learn and work together, it's interesting to witness relationships being developed among us. Each week I try to talk to someone I haven't yet -- believe it or not, entirely possible in a class of 35. I enjoy getting to know more about the people who were selected to this class, hopeful that the designation will somehow bind us together for years to come.

We've had the honor of having a few of our classmates flip sides and address us as presenters as they've shared their occupations and in some cases, their workplaces with our class. I value their ability and willingness to step into this role. One classmate joked that they could come visit me in my office. I'd love to have them but as a telecommuter, space might be tight in my basement home office. Of course it would be great to put them all on a jet to St. Louis, giving them the tour and illustrating for them what it is I do in a completely different environment.

I value the whole program but being a newcomer, the opportunity to get to know this bright, talented group of people (and Steve, too) and maybe even make some real, live friends is the best part of all.

3 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve's "brightness and talent" may be open to debate, but Master of the Art of the Dance... I say a resounding "YES".

Uh... Anonymous

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on--I saw that Bootie Shake!! And just think--if the Music Resource Center had been around when Steve was young, we'd all be sitting at Applebees watching him on the big screen.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger StLmom said...

Gah. I missed the dancing. I expect a replay at the retreat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home