Monday, November 20, 2006

Round One: Ding!

There are really three sections to Leadership Charlottesville; the eleven weeks of sessions where we learn about our community is the first, the taking in; the second consists of our community projects, the giving back; and the third is the mentoring of the next class, having a hand in developing the sessions for the class of 2007, the passing on. The third portion, the passing on portion has become optional for the first time, with our class. I'm hoping many of us return to stay involved in the program for the class that follows us.

Our class has completed the taking in portion and attended the graduation of the class of 2005 on Friday. All day Friday we met to reminisce and plan our community projects together. We've divided into teams to tackle interesting and challenging pursuits, all to be completed by the end of April. I'm thrilled with my team and energized by our project, about which you will learn more here in the next few months.

At the end of our all day retreat, we went around the room and contributed final comments about the past several months we've spent together as a group. I didn't speak up because I was afraid of getting all verklempt. This program has meant so much to me and I'm so honored and fortunate to have had the chance to get to know so many smart, interesting, amazing people and to learn so much about the community, about myself and about others. I've made some fantastic new friends and connected with people I may never have gotten to know in this small town.

So here's to you, LC Class of 2006: Steve, Hannah Catherine, Pete, Joe, Amber, Jimmy, Kinda, Kendra, Lance, Pam, Valerie, Peggy, Jim, Mark, Beth, Jennifer, Liliana, Don, Becky, Amanda, Bernie, Shelley, Kira, Marty, Renee, Sarah, Danielle, Chris, Ric, Paul, Wendy, Carter, Craig and Darah. Let's continue to support one another as we work through Round Two. For my team and the entire class, I'm happy to be a resource for anything you're working on and I look forward to seeing you all again, soon.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You rock MJ--thanks for your relections.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home